Robinson’s is the premier fly shop on the Vancouver Island, with a huge selection of flies, fly tying materials, wading gear, and rods and reels, including the latest in two handed rods and lines. Robinson’s General Manager and Fly Shop operator, Matt King has flies published in many books and magazines and will gladly give you a few pointers.
We fish for all the species in B.C., but when there are steelhead around we may look a little the worse for wear. We are very tough on our gear and demand the best and we won’t settle for less. If a product doesn’t stand up to our abuse, we won’t sell it, it’s that simple.
Matt King, General Manager
Our Fly Shop is really almost a store in a store. It occupies almost half of our upper floor and has everything you will ever need to land the big one – including licenses. Our manager, Matt King, is an expert in all things fishing – check out some of his accomplishments below:
- Professional fly designer with several publications in various fly fishing magazines, books, websites, auctions.
- Commissioned Master Fly Tier and Designer for Umpqua Feather Merchants
- Major contributor to three fly tying books:
- Flies of the West (fly pattern used for the cover)
- Patent Patterns (designed patterns for fly fishing and tying journal.
- Nymph Fly Tying Techniques (fly pattern used for cover)
- Contributed patterns and recipes for copy to 8 magazines
- Featured at Confluence: Art and the Trout Fly at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Moscow, Idaho & Boulder, Colorado. (Only invited Canadian contributor)
- Fly tying and casting demos at major fly tackle shows.
- Featured in local and international fly fishing and tying journals.
- Featured patterns on http://www.flyfisherman.com
- Nominated for Fly Shop of the Year-Fly Rod & Reel Magazine (2001)
- BCFFF Jack Shaw Fly Tyer of the Year 2007
- Multi page Article Canadian Fly Fisher 2006
Canada’s largest selection of Hanak competition fly tying hooks. Click here to view the Hanak hook chart