Sometimes you’ll want to wander and not be lost
At Robinson’s, our goal is to help make your next trip safe, comfortable, enjoyable and productive, whether you’re going up island or to the other side of the globe. We offer a full range of travel gear, accessories and clothes—from backpacks and luggage to smaller items such as passport wallets, travel books, power inverters and much more.
We are also all avid travellers. Gayle Robinson has hiked the Inca Trail in Peru, the Cinque Terra in Italy, done an incredible 10 day adventure in BC’s Rockies and is off to Nepal in October (and she’s the sedentary one). All of our staff love adventure and have individually travelled to nearly every part of the world—so we can truly offer solid advice on what you’ll need to have for any destination.
Here are some of highlights of our combined wisdom when it comes to travel prep and packing:
- Take a money belt to hold your passport, a credit card and one large bill, so even if you lose everything else, you can start over.
- You should be able to fit three months worth of clothes in one bag, and that bag can be carry-on sized.
- For clothes, follow the rule of 3: 3 tops, 3 bottoms, 3 under layers (1 to wear, 1 spare, 1 to wash).
- For footwear, take 2 pairs: 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of sandals.
- Dress in layers.
- Take along quick-dry clothing that can be washed in a sink and dried overnight.
- Always have some moleskin in your pack – even if you never get a blister, someone will.
For the luggage you’ll be packing this all into, take along the most versatile piece you can. We can help you select your best option from our excellent selection which offers something to fit all needs—from sturdy, dependable wheeling suitcases to convertible backpacks that you can either wheel or wear, even carry-on sized packs with zip-on daypacks attached to them.
One of the primary concerns of international travellers is safe drinking water. Now, you can quickly and easily eliminate that worry with the incredible, compact SteriPEN which can purify 16 fl. oz. of water in less than a minute—anywhere, anytime—using ultraviolet light to destroy waterborne microbes, including viruses, bacteria and protozoa. It weighs just 4 oz. and easily fits in a pocket and leaves no chemical taste or side-effects.
Our selection includes quality name brand Travel from: